School Supply Project
3-ring binders (1”- 3”)
Spiral notebooks (70pp) wide and college rule
Notebook filler paper (wide and college rule)
Dividers with 5 or 8 tabs
Graph paper (4 squares/inch)
Manuscript tablets for grades 1, 2, 3
Blunt school scissors
Pointed school scissors
Folders with pockets only
Folders with pockets and brads
Zipper pouch for 3-ring binder holes
Red grading pencil
Ballpoint pens – blue or black
Colored pencils (12 count)
Crayons (24 count)
Markers (thick or thin) washable
School glue (4 oz.)
Eraser, large pink
Highlighters (yellow preferred)
Other Ways to help:
- There are over 70 schools in Plano and this project has provided supplies to all of them.
- Almost 1 in 5 PISD students is considered economically disadvantaged, with nearly 15,000 children in the Plano Independent School District (PISD) living at or below federal poverty guidelines.
- Approximately 3000 PISD kids qualified for and received new school supplies last year.
- School supplies are given in the summer before school starts but also throughout the year.
- Over 150 volunteers worked more than 1300 hours last year to make this program successful.
- CUMC has participated in this program for 20 years.