In the current economic climate, we realize the need for help in searching for employment is increasing. In an attempt to help diminish some of the anxiety and provide some practical resources, we have created this ministry. Please see below for some of the resources and other ways we at Christ UMC might be able to help.
- The North Dallas / Plano Career Focus Group meets here every Friday at 9:30 a.m. in the north building (it’s the building closest to Parker Road) in room 156 (across from the small Chapel). The leader and facilitator is Jeff Morris, email@example.com and you can click here for more specific information and details of the meeting. The weekly agenda varies from week to week but overall they share success stories, joys and concerns, as well as job search strategies. We encourage you to attend a meeting to see if it is a fit for your needs.
- A career website to check out is www.CareerDFW.org. The goal of the website is: “Giving you the tools you need to find your next opportunity.”
- CUMC is offering free computer training on MS Office 2013 applications through Project Hope. You must be attending a networking group or be a client working with one of our community partners to qualify.
- View Flyer for more details and to register for computer classes.
- We have a prayer list and with your permission, we will add your name to that list.
- We have some volunteer resources to help you with resume writing as well as budgeting.
- Recently, various job openings and opportunities have been submitted. To see these listings, you need to attend a Career Focus Group Meeting on Friday. At that meeting, you can signup for the Yahoo group list that has been set up with the positions posted.
We hope that any or all of these can be of help to you in this difficult time. The entire staff at CUMC is thinking about you as you navigate through this turbulent time in your life.
For more information about this program, please contact Shayne Warner, Project Hope Technology Outreach Manager.