Help Eradicate Hunger with CUMC
Food Pantry Cabinets in the Entryways – Open all year
- Ramen Noodles
- Mac and Cheese
- Hamburger Helper
- Boxed Potatoes
- Peanut butter
- Snack items: pop tarts, granola bars, Jell-O cup
- Canned meats like tuna, stew and chili
- Pasta & pasta sauce
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet paper
Share Your Bounty – Thanksgiving Basket Program
Fall and Spring Food Drives
Food Pantry Drivers
We are looking for drivers throughout the year (1 or 2 times per month) to be a part of a team that picks up food on a Saturday morning from local markets and delivers it to area pantries. It’s a fun way to get your entire family involved. For more information contact Ruth Jensen.
When people walk into our church for assistance we provide them with a food kit and a health kit if they want it. We keep these replenished with funds donated by you. There is an opportunity for you or your small group to help with either kit.
Assemble Send Hope Meal Packets
You can volunteer to assemble and sponsor food packets that will be sent to an orphanage in Honduras. Complete meal packages can be created with a variety of rices and grains that can feed a family of 6 a nutritious and balanced meal. These meal packets are made with all dry ingredients and then shipped to Honduras through the Send Hope program established by Dr. Tom Brian of Allen. It is a 501c-3 non-profit organization that was started to help the people on the Moskito Coast of Honduras. Click here for more information.
Send Hope focuses on four main areas:
- short term medical, dental and construction trips
- providing items such as food, school supplies and clothing
- bringing children to the United States for medical care
- helping students receive an education. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have or to inquire about a trip.
- Telephone: 972-727-5001
E-Mail: email@example.com or www.send-hope.org
Souper Bowl of Caring
Additional things you can do to bring focus to Hunger:
- At meal time, say a prayer for those going without food and a prayer of thanks for the food you have to eat.
- Invite guests to bring a can of food to your book club or other social gathering.
- Each time you go to the store, have your child pick out a can of food to donate to a child in need
- Invite your friends to volunteer at a food pantry with you or organize a food drive in your neighborhood.
- Organize your Mom-to-Mom, Bible study, exercise or service clubs to donate food or money to a local pantry.
- Collect your extra coins in a jar and donate them to a food pantry twice per year.
- When purchasing canned food, buy an extra can or two to donate. You can drop them off all year at CUMC.
For more information about Hunger or any of our Serving Other programs, please contact Laurie Kendig or call 972.596.4303.