Sports & Rec Center Membership & Policies
The Sports & Rec Center is a multi-purpose building located to the south of our existing facilities, providing activities for families, youth, singles, and seniors throughout the week. It is a combination gymnasium and fellowship hall allowing for activities such as exercise classes, fellowship dinners, dinner meetings, musical presentations, and special speakers. It is also provides a play space for CDC children on rainy days, additional areas for worship and classrooms, youth Sunday school classes and youth group activities. There are flexible rooms, kitchen facilities, a game area, lounge/TV room, craft space for any age and a meeting room attached to the kitchen.
The Sports & Rec Center’s mission is to glorify Christ through positive recreation and Christian fellowship for all CUMC members and the community.
- to offer the whole family opportunities for health, fitness, fellowship, fun, competition and spiritual development.
- to use sports and recreation to lead people to Christ.
(i.e., by offering programs on a community-wide basis)
- to provide quality leisure activities in a Christian setting, offering opportunities for interaction among members and prospective members.
Find out more about the happenings in the Sports & Rec Center by visiting the CUMC Sports and Recreation page.
Membership at the CUMC Sports & Rec Center is open to everyone. All children must be 12 years old to be eligible. Children 11 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult (18 and older) when in the facility and remain under the visual supervision of that adult. Memberships are divided into two categories:
1. Covenant Membership
- All members and employees of Christ United Methodist Church (CUMC), along with House On The Corner and Project Hope families, are eligible for Covenant Membership at the Sports & Rec Center.
- The lifetime fee for a covenant member is $10 per person with a maximum of $40 per immediate household family. There is a $5 fee for replacement of a lost card.
- Families enrolled in Project Hope are eligible to receive an Associate Covenant membership after actively participating in the Project Hope program for three months.
- Families selected to receive the House On The Corner will be granted a Covenant Membership.
2. Associate Covenant Memberships
- All non-CUMC members are eligible to receive an Associate Covenant Membership.
- The annual fee for an Associate Covenant Membership is $80 per person with a maximum of $300 per immediate household family. There is a $5.00 fee for replacement of a lost card.
- Covenant and Associate Covenant cardholders are welcome to bring guests for a limited time when they visit the Sports & Rec Center.
- Any Covenant or Associate Covenant cardholder may bring up to one guest for a one week trial period.
- Guests will be asked to complete a Sports & Rec Guest Form.
- Guest will receive a Sports & Rec Guest Pass good for one week.
- Covenant and Associate Covenant cardholders are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Covenant and Associate Covenant cardholders must remain in the facility the entire time their guests are in the Sports & Rec Center.
Covenant and Associate Covenant Membership Benefits
- Weight Room
- Indoor Track
- Lobby and Game Room
- Basketball and Volleyball Courts
Open to the Community
- Sports Leagues/Tournaments
- Fitness Classes
- Yoga classes
- Upward Basketball & Cheerleading
- Summer Camps
- Dance Classes
Sports & Rec Center 972.596.6073 email: firstname.lastname@example.org