Frequently Asked Questions
- Christ United Methodist Church (CUMC) is a large church. Will I get lost in the crowds?
CUMC is undoubtedly a large church with many members – but this allows us to offer a great many programs that might not be available at smaller churches. And, we can’t recommend enough that you involve yourself in a small group. It’s amazing how fast our large church seems to shrink when you get to know your small group and the other volunteers in your area of ministry.
- How do I find out what’s going on at CUMC?
If you read the Sunday-service Worship Guide announcements and our weekly Snapshot email newsletter, you’ll keep up with almost everything that’s happening at Christ United Methodist Church. Also, our Senior Pastor Don Underwood distributes a weekly email newsletter which highlights important activities in the life of the church. Another great way, of course, is to explore the website, just like you’re doing now!
- How do I get involved with choir or other musical groups?
CUMC’s Music Ministry welcomes interested people with talent and enthusiasm. For more information on joining these ministries, check out Traditional/Blended Worship Arts or Contemporary Music.
- How do I find a Sunday school class?
- What do Methodists believe?
CUMC is a church family that believes in God’s love, the person and work of Jesus Christ, and the uniqueness of each individual’s spiritual journey. All are welcome here.
- How do I get involved at CUMC?
Opportunities for involvement – from small groups and volunteer opportunities to missions and music – are open to anyone who wants to participate, members and visitors alike. A great way to get involved is to visit the Welcome Desk outside the Sanctuary where trained individuals are on hand to greet you and help you find a way to get connected.
- What is expected of members?
CUMC expects the following of its members:
- To worship regularly
- To continue to grow in your faith by participating in a small group
- To serve God with your hands by volunteering in service to the congregation and the community and world
- To give your financial gifts in proportion to your income
- To share your faith by inviting others to join you for worship or any other church related activity
- How can I join CUMC?
You may join Christ United Methodist Church on any Sunday in the church office following each service. If joining the church at a different time is desired or if you have any questions regarding membership, please contact Mary Harris, Director of Welcoming Ministries at 972.596.4303 X235.
- When are CUMC’s weekly worship services?
We offer multiple services at different times and with different worship styles each weekend. Please click on the Worship page to find the service that will be right fit for you.
Still have questions? Simply send us an email or call 972-596-4303 and we’ll make sure your questions get answered.