Reading for 1/19 (Sunday) & 1/24 (Friday)
Reading for 1/26 (Sunday) & 1/31 (Friday)
Reading for 2/2 (Sunday) & 2/7 (Friday)
Reading for 2/9 (Sunday) & 2/14 (Friday)
Reading for 2/16 (Sunday) & 2/21 (Friday)
At Christ United, we hold Confirmation for 7th grade students and older every January through April. Each Confirmation season, there will be a Kick-Off, 10-13 classes, and a Service Project.
Your student should expect to meet with their Confirmation class every Sunday morning or Friday evening on a weekly basis during the Confirmation process (11 meetings). We believe Confirmation is a vital part of our students’ faith journey and a priority should be placed on these meetings. We do ask that students do not miss more than 2 Confirmation activities which include Sunday morning (or Friday evening) classes and a Confirmation service project.
Should you have any questions, please contact Stefani Reed-Meyer. We are excited to be a part of your student’s life during this important time!
* Friday Evening Confirmation Classes are offered, see below.
Confirmation Activities – 2020
*Required paperwork found at bottom of webpage.
Confirmation Kick-Off – CANCELED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
- The 2020 class of confirmands will kick-off the beginning of Confirmation on January 10 at 6:30 PM. Students will meet in the Sports & Rec Center Loft while parents attend a Parent Meeting in the same location. This is a time for our students to get to know one another, to begin their sessions and to dive deeper into their faith. Attendance at Kick-Off is required for all students.
Sunday Morning Confirmation Classes
- Students will meet on Sunday mornings throughout the Spring semester for Confirmation class at 8:30 AM in the Sports & Rec Center Loft.
Sunday Morning Parent Confirmation Classes
- All parents are encouraged to attend our parent class on Sunday mornings at 8:30 AM in the Sports & Rec Center Loft. This is a great chance for our parents to meet one another and to learn what their student is learning in Confirmation.
Friday Evening Confirmation Classes *New Opportunity
- Because we know schedules can be hectic, we offer a Friday evening Confirmation class which can be taken as a make-up class the Friday after a Sunday morning absence. It can also be taken for the full duration of Confirmation instead of a Sunday morning class.
Students will meet on Friday evenings throughout the Spring semester for Confirmation class from 7 – 8 PM in the Sports & Rec Center S214. For more information about this new opportunity, please contact Stefani Reed-Meyer.
Confirmation Service Project
- This is an opportunity for our students to put what they’ve learned in class into action on March 21, 9 – 12 PM. The students will be preparing meal packets for the Kids Against Hunger organization. If possible, youth are asked to bring $5 (or more if you’d like) to help cover supplies. This is a requirement for all Confirmation students. Please contact Stefani Reed-Meyer if you are unable to attend.
- Students are encouraged to join us on April 10 in the Sports & Rec Center Loft to watch “The Gospel of John”. This is a time to be together with fellow students on Good Friday. We will meet from 8 – 10 PM and provide snacks.
- The Confirmation rehearsal is scheduled for April 16 (Thursday) from 6 – 6:45 PM in the Sanctuary. Christ United’s clergy will speak to the entire Confirmation class in a relaxed setting and answer any questions that youth or parents may want to ask. We will also have a short run-through/rehearsal of Confirmation Sunday to go over placement, seating and other details youth and parents need to know about the big day.
- *Please note youth and parents need to be present at this gathering.
- Let the fun begin! After several weeks of morning Confirmation classes, a service project, an hour of rehearsal and more, it’s time to play. On Thursday, April 16, following the rehearsal, we will celebrate at the Confirmation Bash at a location TBD!
Confirmation Sunday 2020
- Confirmation will be held on April 19. Be sure to invite friends, family, and their faith partners to this special day.
Forms, Calendar and Registration