Our goal is to offer an opportunity to all people who want to move to a sustainable quality of life for themselves and their families.
- Employment Ministry – Provides support, networking and skills improvement for the unemployed or underemployed. The Career Focus Group meets every Friday at 9:30 AM in room 156. Contact Jeff Morris or visit here for more information.
- Project Hope – Focuses on lifting families out of poverty by providing a program of coaching, training, education and opportunity with hopes of helping them reach their financial and professional goals.
- Project Next Generation – Focuses on assisting youth who are raised in poverty by providing hope, mentoring and tutors through our School on Sunday program.
- Project Transformation – Engages young adult interns in leadership and ministry that supports underserved children and families.
- Quincy’s Quest – Christ United partners with Plano ISD schools, where volunteers provide one-on-one mentoring at the school site.
- House on the Corner – Former Christ United program that provided housing to deserving families. Thank you to everyone who helped transform the Douglass Community. Stay tuned for “What’s Next?”
- Assisted Living Ministry – Volunteers in this ministry bring the church to those who are in assisted living facilities and can no longer visit the church by visiting and leading bible study, games, worship and more.
- Bear with Me Program – Provides cute stuffed bears to children in a crisis
- Care Corps/Meals – Provide meals for those who have been hospitalized, have a new baby, had a death in the family or are home-bound. Contact Marilyn Smith for more information.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – Creates beautiful shawls for those facing a difficult time in their lives. Contact Marilyn Smith for more information.
Other Local Programs
- Alternative Christmas – Support Christ United and other community organizations in the name of a family or friend at Christmas time
- Alternative Valentines – Program that benefits Journey of Hope – a nonprofit group specializing in grief support for children.
- Angel Tree – Provides children and seniors with Christmas gifts in coordination with the Salvation Army
- Food drives such as Souper Bowl of Caring, Thanksgiving baskets and much more
Because we do not have the resources to handle all requests here at Christ United, we rely on these programs and centers to help us manage the needs of our community. In addition to our own church programs, Christ United members help support these agencies by volunteering and donating.