The Sports & Rec Center is a multi-purpose building located to the south of our existing facilities, providing activities for families, youth, singles, and seniors throughout the week. It is a combination gymnasium and fellowship hall allowing for activities such as exercise classes, fellowship dinners, dinner meetings, musical presentations, and special speakers. It is also provides a play space for CDC children on rainy days, additional areas for worship and classrooms, youth Sunday school classes and youth group activities. There are flexible rooms, kitchen facilities, a game area, lounge/TV room, craft space for any age and a meeting room attached to the kitchen.
The Sports & Rec Center’s mission is to glorify Christ through positive recreation and Christian fellowship for all Christ United members and the community.
Find out more about the happenings in the Sports & Rec Center by visiting the CUMC Sports and Classes page.
Download the Sports & Rec Center Policies
Membership at the Christ United Sports & Rec Center is open to everyone. All children must be 12 years old to be eligible. Children 11 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult (18 and older) when in the facility and remain under the visual supervision of that adult. Memberships are divided into four categories:
Adult Basketball Membership
Student Basketball Membership
Call Sports & Rec for room availability at (972) 596-6073.
- Covenant and Associate Covenant cardholders are welcome to bring guests for a limited time when they visit the Sports & Rec Center.
- Any Covenant or Associate Covenant cardholder may bring up to one guest for a one week trial period.
- Guests will be asked to complete a Sports & Rec Guest Form.
- Guest will receive a Sports & Rec Guest Pass good for one week.
- Covenant and Associate Covenant cardholders are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
- Covenant and Associate Covenant cardholders must remain in the facility the entire time their guests are in the Sports & Rec Center.