For all position inquires or resume submissions, please contact Kim Hill.
Director of Children’s Ministry | Full Time Position
The Director is responsible for the strategic and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry at Christ United Methodist Church. The Director is also responsible for the management, training, and oversight of Children’s ministry volunteers. The Director must have a passion for reaching children with the gospel message and be willing to think outside the box to present the gospel message to children in age-appropriate and relevant ways.
- Bachelor’s degree – Minimum of 5 years commensurate experience
Scope of Ministry:
- Volunteer recruitment and training
- Sunday School (2 years-5th grade)
- Vacation Bible School
- Selection and preparation of Children’s Ministry curriculum
- Planning and implementation of Children’s Ministry Special Events (Wonderfully Made, Easter Egg Hunt, Bridgeport Camp, etc.)
- Worship-related activities
Responsibilities as Director of Children’s Ministry:
- Model and maintain a positive an enjoyable atmosphere for children and their families during all Children’s Ministry programs
- Oversee recruitment, training, scheduling, retention, and evaluation of Children’s Ministry volunteers
- Develop processes necessary for effective and efficient Children’s Ministry operations, including volunteer screening, security and check-in
- Oversee and evaluate Children’s Sunday School processes and programming
- Ensure all classrooms have adequate teachers, adequately trained
- Monitor trends and attendance
- Plan and implement and children’s-related worship activities such as children’s time, acolyte ministries, family worship services, baptism assistance, etc.