Current Status: On-Campus Events Suspended Through April 30
A Message from Christ United:
Christ United Family,
Like many of you, we’ve been following the evolving details about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our area and around the world.
Our church’s historic role as a community and civic leader has always been a primary part of our mission. For this reason, not only are we focused on the safety and health of our congregants, but also the community we serve. After consulting with governing and health officials, we have decided to worship online only through March 30. [edit: per recent developments Christ United will remain suspended through April 30] We are also suspending all activities at the church and in the Sports + Rec building through March 30. [edit: April 30]
While we will not be together in person, there are still many ways for the church to be the church. Here are three things we need from you to make that happen…
- Join us via livestream on Sunday mornings at 8:45 AM, 9:45 AM + 11 AM Traditional as well as our modern service Table of Grace at 11 AM. If you prefer Facebook, you can also find each service steaming live there.
- We will be communicating with you daily through all our ministry areas. To receive leadership updates in real time from our church, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and subscribe to our weekly email snapshot. For instant updates, sign up to receive our text messages. We will continue to keep our website updated with the latest information.
- Set up online giving so that we’re well resourced as a church to meet the needs of our community as they arise. You can do that here.
We look forward to worshiping online with you this weekend.
Ways to Connect with Christ United:
- Email – Subscribe to our Snapshot to get the latest info and updates, and subscribe to our Lenten Daily devotionals to get your daily dose of inspiration and encouragement
- Social Media – Help us keep an encouraging and connected online community going by commenting and joining the conversation on Facebook and Instagram
- Text Messaging – Join our text messaging service to get instant updates and links to details about what is to come
- Submit Prayer Requests – We are praying for all our community at this time, but please don’t hesitate to ask for prayers for yourself or others in your life!
- Call Our Care Line – For urgent care needs, even after hours, call our care team: (972) 596-4303 + option 8
Ways to Help:
- Give – We are planning and preparing to support our congregation and community however we can. Your generosity throughout this time will allow us to accomplish those goals. You can start of continue giving online HERE.
- Share + Engage – As people stay home more and help along the process of minimizing infection some may feel isolated. This is the perfect time to reach out with a friendly phone call to your church friends and connect. Social media is also a great way to share a connection. Help us by joining the conversation on our posts and pages so that those who are isolated might not feel so alone!
- Pray – Please be with us in avid prayer for our community, servant hearted medical professionals, and for world wide peace and healing for those effected.
- Give – Help us provide resources to our community
Information directly from the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) – is safest when trying to decide how to prepare, stay safe, and be aware of any existing risks. They have a full summary of details and helpful information here. Remember to only use trusted and vetted sources of information when taking medical advice, many shared articles on social media are not credible.
JOIN US ON OUR ONLINE CHANNELS
Engage with Us on Social: