The Salvation Army Angel Tree
Adopt your Angel!
Don’t forget to stop by the Salvation Army Angel Tree in the atrium on 11/19, 11/26, and 12/3 to adopt your angel. Angel gifts will be due back to the church by 12/3.
Christ United Methodist Church has partnered with the Salvation Army Angel Tree program for over 15 years. The Angel program provides a way to give gifts to economically disadvantaged children and special-care recipients who might not otherwise receive a Christmas present at all. Among religious organizations, Christ United has been the largest contributor to the Angel Tree Program in Collin County. The Foundations Sunday School class has been leading this program since its inception. It is a major commitment and passion to take on this program every year and we are grateful to them.
Adopt an Angel from one of our trees in the main building in the Narthex, the north building, or the Sports & Rec Center. Simply follow the instructions on the packet by shopping for the Angel and bring the items back to the church. The average amount spent on an Angel is $70. This is a great family outreach program and open to everyone in our church and community.
The goals of the Angel Tree Program are:
- Put a smile on the face of a child or special-care adult on Christmas morning.
- Help provide some basic needs as well as special gifts beyond basic needs for the Angels.
- Provide children and select adults with gifts of love and thoughtfulness.
- Share God’s love during this magical season.
Instruction for dropping off gifts:
Please return gifts to the Sports & Rec Center by December 3rd.
- Using the white labels provided, please label each gift with the Angel’s name and number.
- Put all items in the red bag.
- Label the outside of the red bag (if you have something that is too large for the red bag please be sure it is labeled also).
- Bring your bagged gifts to one of the church services and drop off in the atrium or the Sports & Rec Center’s front desk.
- Do not wrap gifts.